SUMMER SOIREE

Good morning, everyone! How is your week going so far? Last week Emil and I spent a few very relaxing days in Palm Springs. While we were there, we decided to host a little dinner party for our family and friends. The house we were staying in, had one of those amazing backyards with a pool, a fire pit and a sitting area, basically an absolutely ideal location to throw a little Summer soiree:)! Of course, I'll take any excuse to plan a dinner party because I am completely obsessed with decorating, and table decor in particular! 





Because I feel that a dinner table is the heart of any party and is likely to set the mood for the entire event, when planning how to decorate it, I start by thinking about the setting and the color palette. You see, I think it's really important to have balance and harmony between the table and the surroundings. For this particular event, I chose to stick with the same color palette for the table as the rest of the backyard, combining white, sand and orange. Once I chose the color palette, I started setting the table. Usually, I like to start with place settings first, then do the center decorative part. I think that place settings are the fundament of the table, once they are complete, it is easy to see what is missing and what needs to be added to make the table more festive. For me, decorating the center of the table is all about combining deferent textures and unexpected elements. For this particular table, I combined Moroccan-inspired lanterns, silver candleholders, mint julep cups and an oversized pitcher, which I used as a vase. 















The final finishing touch - personal menus and place cards. I feel that little details like that make a table look extra special. Rather than having them printed, I actually prefer to design my own. Aside from the fact that I really enjoy the actual process of designing them (playing with different colors and fonts is completely addictive), it's much more convenient, especially if you like to throw dinner parties last minute, which Emil and I certainly do:) So, I always keep a few different menu designs in PDF format on my phone, which allows me to quickly change the menu items and print them directly from my phone on my Canon PIXMA MG7120 Wireless Inkjet All-in-one printer using the PPS appIn case you are just as obsessed with creating personalized menus, place cards or thank you notes, the PPS app is the best thing ever because it allows you to print from your phone directly to your PIXMA MG7120 printer from absolutely anywhere. How cool is that!? Another reason why Emil and I really like the PPS app is that you can print pics directly from social platforms like Facebook and Twitter or storage sites like Dropbox or Picasa, which comes in handy when we set up selfie photo booth at parties and want to print pics right away! Honestly, the process is so easy: download the PPS app through iTunes on your mobile device, choose an image or document from your preferred platform, print wirelessly, & voila your print is waiting for you at home!

Shoshanna Ceclie dress | J Crew pearl open bangle & wishbone cuff Gold Philosophy layered pearl ring & twin pearl open ring | Essie nail polish in Bikini So Teeny 

This post was brought to you by in collaboration with Canon PIXMA and Burst Media, the opinions and texts are all mine. 

Thank you for reading
& Keep On Smiling,
LOVE,
Annabelle

Labels: , ,