LIVING IN LAVENDER


Good morning, Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Emil and I spent the last few days in Malibu in an attempt to escape the blazing hot city. As I have mentioned before, Malibu tends to be at least a few degrees cooler than the rest of LA, so when temperatures rise, we tend to escape to our beloved oasis. I know I talk about Malibu all the time, probably a little too much, but it is such a special place or us. In fact, I can't really think of an instance where we didn't have a great time, and of course this visit was no exception! Two whole days of being gloriously lazy, just swimming, kayaking, working on our tan and going out for dinners! 

In fact, Emil and I shot these pics right before we headed to dinner. After spending the entire day in my bikini, I decided it was the perfect opportunity to dress up a bit:) Since color plays such an important role in my outfits, when creating a look, normally, I start by thinking about the color palette. I absolutely love the combination of gold, lavender and different pastel colors, so I paired a lavender romper with pale pink pumps and gold accessories. Yet, I find that when I pair a lot of pastel colors in the same outfit, it helps to add a few accessories in a darker shade. I think this adds a certain depth and weight to the look, which is why I added my Ferragamo Buckle Collection  sunglasses and watch in a beautiful shade of brown. Another reason why I think these sunglasses and watch work well in this look, is that they help to add a certain touch of polish and modern elegance to an otherwise very flirty and feminine look. What  do you guys think? 










Salvatore Ferragamo Buckle Collection sunglasses & watch | Keepsake The Label romper | Thale Blanc Flutter of Hope clutch | Dolce & Gabbana Kate patent leather pumps | Coordinates Legend bracelet | Gorjana Elea cuff | Mr. Kate gold beauty marks 

Thank you for reading
& Keep On Smiling,
LOVE,
Annabelle 

Labels: , ,