LIFE IS A BEAUTIFUL RIDE



I've always been active. Growing up in a house with 2 very fitness-oriented parents, being active was pretty much a given. Yet, after moving to California about 9 years ago, I struggled to find an activity I could really enjoy on regular basis. I've tried a few different things like running and hiking for example, and for a while I was really captivated by both. But I get bored easily and once the novelty an excitement ware off, I feel trapped in a fitness routine. Well, that was the case until I discovered biking! Biking is never boring to me! I feel equally excited every time I bike and unlike with most other activities, given a chance, I could go for hours and hours. Seriously, if you guys haven't tried it, I really recommend it! 



The one thing I discovered was if you spend hours and hours outside, you really have to be diligent about using sunscreen. I have to confess, I haven't always been as good as I should be about wearing sun protection, and after riding for about six months, started noticing some sun damage on my nose and cheeks. So now, I use sunblock religiously and never leave home without it. 

Currently, I am using Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration face lotion SPF 30 on my face. I love this particular one because aside from the fact that it smells amazing ( think exotic botanicals and light tropical fragrance), it's water resistant (up to 80 minutes) and keeps the skin moisturized without feeling heavy or clogging pores. I am also using Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Ultra Touch Radiance Lotion Sunscreen SPF 30 on my body. Another current favorite, I love this product because it protects my skin, while keeping it really soft. The fact that it also happens to be water resistant (up to 80 minutes) is a bonus ( definitely comes in handy on my frequent trips to Palm Springs for some serious pool time). 

It's important to make sure that you are reapplying your sunscreen every two hours to ensure that you are properly protected. Of course, I also find myself consistently reapplying simply because I am just  little addicted to the fragrance and how luminous my skin looks after application :)









RED Valentino Lips jersey tee | Denim shorts - old { similar here } | Gucci Soho leather disco bag | Scarmo leather slip on sneakers via Gregory's J Crew Panama hat | Samantha Wills Ruby Tuesday cuff in silver & Moonlight mile cuff in silver

Thank you for reading
& Keep On Smiling,
LOVE,
Annabelle 

Labels: , , , ,