April 20, 2015

Surfing in Malibu, Girl, Surfboard, Wetsuit

I can't count how many times I promised myself this was going to be the summer when I finally take surfing lessons... I even went as far as purchasing a wet suit, yet somehow summers went by and I never made good on my promise. Well, last week it all changed! Last week I decided it was going to be now or never! And... I finally did it! 

Though I imagined many times what surfing would be like, I don't think I ever realized just how challenging it really is! Yes, call me naive but I thought that years of swimming and yoga should at least give me some edge! Well, let me tell you, I was wrong! Very, very wrong! Forget riding the wave, or even just standing up on the board, after my 3rd lesson, I more or less mastered paddling out, but that was pretty much my only achievement:) Well, that and really sore arms! Can we count that as an achievement? 

But I am not giving up! My fourth lesson is scheduled for next week and I am adamant about at least standing up on the board by the end of it! Overreaching? Perhaps, but I am an eternal optimist at heart!

Shower on the beach, Santa Monica Shower, Outside Shower

NEW Dove go fresh Revitalize Body Wash, NEW Dove go fresh Revitalize Beauty Bar
What I was a little less optimistic about was the condition of my skin after spending hours in the salt water. Even after the first lesson, the skin on my face, arms and legs, and especially elbows and knees was so dry, I seriously wanted to cry. To make matters even worse, my usual lotions and potions didn't help much, which send me into a state of complete and utter panic! 

But of course the state of panic didn't last long! You know me, I am a problem solver. If there is a problem I'll find a solution, and find a solution I did! While I use different lotions to remedy dry skin, I never really considered that I could actually start my skincare routine right in the shower! I now love to use the NEW Dove go fresh Revitalize Body Wash and Beauty Bar right after my surfing lessons. These new cleansers are mild, help replenish my skin and my face is now starting to look human again:) Another reason why I like the NEW Dove go fresh Revitalize products is because not only do they provide the perfect combination of freshness and care but also because I am a bit obsessed with the scent! The combination of mandarin and tiare flower is absolutely amazing and leaves your skin refreshed and renewed! And sure bringing a big bottle of body wash to the beach may not be ideal, but you know what, the payoff is definitely worth it! The way I see it, I would bring a canister if it guaranteed I didn't have to deal with dry skin:)! 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this story and I will keep you posted on my surfing progress!

This post was created in partnership with Dove. I have been compensated for my participation, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.


oksanaarmee4ka said...

Beautiful pictures!

Liz Lauren said...

I've always wanted to try surfing! love these photos

thefashionhorn said...

Yaaay! I love that, when you finally get around to doing something you've planned for so long! I did the same thing with driving this month and I'm flying. I can't believe I left it this long! It's so empowering to learn a new skill!

Emma Walker said...

You are so cool! Love the suit

Emma | With A City Dream

Sasa Zoe said...

Awesome:) XO

Shall We Sasa

Dressed With Soul said...

I can imagine this huge bottle lasts for a while :)

Iren Pokydchenko said...

Gorgeous summer photos!!!!


Sophia said...

Besides the fact that Dove has the most moisturizing body wash, I'm absolutely in love with your swimsuit! It's so flattering, I've been loving one pieces lately. Where is it from?


Nicoletta De Luca said...

That's so cool! Need to try that Dove bay wash!

How to combine a midi skirt for Spring on
lb-lc fashion blog| bloglovin'

Adriana said...

Beautiful pictures!

Jovana said...

Your face is beautiful, and you're so handsome... adorable! Enjoy!

Diana said...

Awesome photos!
|| D I A N A ||

Andrea jueong said...

Great story and beautiful pictures!

Denisa said...

Like I see you had a great time.

Elizabeth Hawn said...

great surfing shots!

Kenguri said...

Ok, I just keep on staring at your skin and I'm dazzled. Beautiful pictures and great swimsuit.

Beauty pusinka said...

I am doing surfing too! My bfriend has tought me how to be good at it. And at the beginning it was not so easy but I was able to stand up after second time so it was a big achievement for me too. Now I am surfing alone finally :). Nice photos by the way!BEAUTYPUSINKA

Monika Basiaga said...

So great photos!
Love your playsuit :))

The Style Circus said...

How cool! Wishing you the best that you can master surfing quickly. One day I want to try it as well!

Laiyin ||

Style Weekender said...

well, if only i could surf! you make it look so cool! maybe I will add that to my bucket list:)

Diva In Me said...

It is good that you're making a point to complete your lessons. On one hand, it's keeping you healthy too.
I've not tried this Dove body wash. Dove's a great product and I think it would smell really good too with this citrus scent in it.

Camille said...

Great post

Brinis Fashionbook said...

Soo pretty - love your beach looks :)

ChiChi Tashan said...

All the best for ur lessons!

Whiteswan said...

Love your jumpsuit!!!

Julia said...

I love surfing, it's just an amazing way to spend a day in the water. And, I love that body wash as well, it smells so yummy and is perfect for taking a cooling shower after long summer days :D

Joy Shiness said...

Surfing is always great !

Lindsay Truax said...

Cute photos!! You look amazing!!

Merlin said...

If it's DOVE...I love!! One of the BEST products ever (AND affordable!) franki Good Surf!!

Louise said...

Stunning photos!!


I always promise myself the same thing!
you look gorgeous

katilesecret_ said...

I really want to read more about your surfing progress:) i would like to try out surfing,too...but i think this is just a little dream;) and i love the pictures you have taken.

The Office Stylist said...

Haha, you are not alone my friend. I've been wanting to take surfing lessons for so long but never got to it. I am loving your pink bathing suit by the way. So stylish, as always.

The Office Stylist

Paulina Zabulencja said...

you look awesome!

Kristyn said...

you have the most amazing posts! Love it and the photos are awesome.

Los Angeles Scene said...

Love this post! Great syle and Surfs Up Viva Luxury!!

Los Angeles Scene

obat herbal kanker usus halus said...

pengobatan alami untuk menyembuhkan penyakit kanker usus halus tanpa operasi
Obat Herbal Kanker Usus Halus

michelle said...

cheap christian louboutin women sneakers sale on
Christian Louboutin Spikes Multicolor Flat Sneakers Black
Christian Louboutin White Black Stripe White Spike Sneakers
Christian Louboutin White Sheepskin Silver Spike Women Sneaker

obat herbal tumor otak jinak said...

great post
your blog is very interesting
i really liked
Obat Herbal Tumor Otak Jinak

P Fsdfsd said...

Vartu Automatika | Metalines Tvoros | Kiemo Vartai | Metalines Tvoros | Mikroautobusu Nuoma |

Yas Singh said...

packers movers Chennai
packers and movers in noida
packers and movers ghaziabad
packers and movers indore
packers movers gurgaon
packers and movers in kolkata
packers and movers in mumbai
packers and movers Pune
packers and movers in Hyderabad
packers and movers Bangalore
packers movers faridabad
packers and movers in Delhi
packers and movers in lucknow
movers and packers kolkata
movers and packers delhi
movers and packers mumbai
movers and packers pune
movers and packers faridabad
movers and packers indore
movers and packers chandigarh
movers and packers chennai
movers and packers bangalore
packers and movers lucknow
movers and packers noida
movers and packers ghaziabad
movers and packers gurgaon
movers and packers movers thane
movers and packers navi mumbai
movers and packers hyderabad
movers and packers Lucknow
packers and movers in vijayawada
packers and movers in trivandrum
packers and movers in visakhapatnam

Sopno said...

i've recently been looking to buy a longboard. I don't have much information on longboards and I really would like some advice on where I can buy a good longboard and what longboards are best suited for me. I'm a beginner and have never tried it before. I want a board I can cruise around on the streets and maybe do some tricks on, but I want to be able to do everything else. I've been looking at brands such as gold coast, arbor collective and a few san clemente boards.

Ari sh said...

Great job for publishing such a beneficial post. Your post isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. packers and movers in hsr layout packers and movers in marathahalli packers and movers in btm layout packers and movers in bommanahalli packers and movers in koramangala packers and movers in jp nagar

hojayga .com said...

Really good post. It’s really helpful for me, waiting for more new post. Keep Blogging! I have some good Information to share with all that is.
Packers and Movers in Bilaspur
Packers and Movers in Nashik
Packers and Movers in Madurai
Packers and Movers in Mandi
Packers and Movers in Baddi
Packers and Movers in Solan
Packers and Movers in Udhampur
Packers and Movers in Saharanpur
Packers and Movers in Haridwar
Packers and Movers in Rishikesh
Packers and Movers in Jhajjar

tanu shah said...

Packers and Movers in Patiala
Packers and Movers in Barmer
Packers and Movers in Chennai
Packers and Movers in Bikaner
Packers and Movers in Ajmer
Packers and Movers in Bulandshahr
Packers and Movers in Sirsa
Packers and Movers in Baghpat
Packers and Movers in Delhi
Packers and Movers in Bangalore
Packers and Movers in Gurgaon

hojayga .com said...

Really good post. It’s really helpful for me, waiting for more new post. Keep Blogging! I have some good Information to share with all that is.
Packers and Movers in Bilaspur
Packers and Movers in Nashik
Packers and Movers in Madurai
Packers and Movers in Mandi
Packers and Movers in Baddi
Packers and Movers in Solan
Packers and Movers in Udhampur
Packers and Movers in Saharanpur
Packers and Movers in Haridwar
Packers and Movers in Rishikesh
Packers and Movers in Jhajjar

Lewis said...

Beauty girl. Nice photo. Thank for sharing.