SUNDAY SKIN PREP :: BEAUTY READY ROUTINE

June 14, 2015

VivaLuxury skincare, Annabelle Fleur skincare

Those of you who read my blog on regular basis probably know how important skin care is to me. Though I haven't always been as diligent about taking care of my skin as I am now, once I realized the connection between proper skin care and the state of my skin, I've been religiously giving it the attention it needs. In the past, I've talked about my day-to-day skin-care but I haven't really talked about my weekly skin recovery routine. And so, I would like to take this opportunity to talk a little bit about my Sunday beauty ready routine and about how I prepare my skin and hair for the week ahead.



Since I color my hair, it tends to be a bit dry, so in order to keep it shiny and healthy I start by applying a home-made oil mask all over my hair, paying special attention to the scalp. To make the mask, I simply mix castor oil and extra-virgin olive oil in equal parts, adding just a few drops of lavender oil for a wonderful scent. Next, I cover my hair with a plastic cap and wrap a warm towel over it for better absorption.



PHASE ONE: While I wait for the oil mask to work it's magic on my hair, I move on to phase one of my skin care routine, i.e. Skin Inc. Pure Revival Peel. The reason why I like this particular one is because it's very gentle and doesn't make my skin red, tight or dry but instead effectively removes dead skin and helps to prepare my skin for phase two and three of my routine. To use, I simply apply a thin layer of Pure Revival Peel to clean, dry skin, leave on for a few seconds, then massage gently in circular motion paying special attention to my t-zone.

PHASE TWO: I always had really sensitive skin which is prone to redness and irritation. So, of course I was looking for a product to help address these concerns, but I also wanted something that could prevent damage and signs of aging. The reason why I started using Skin Inc. My Daily Dose products is because they are uniquely customized to address the specific needs of my skin and also because I am able to address multiple issues with a single application. Currently, I am using the three following SERUMS: 

- REPAIR, which contains antioxidant-rich French pine bark to help protect the skin from damage and signs of aging caused by UV rays
- REINFORCE which helps to strengthen, hydrate and sooth sensitive skin 
- RELIEVE which contains a combination of antioxidants, licorice and green tea extracts to help calm, reduce redness and irritation and protect the skin from UV damage. 

To use, I simply blend all three serums and apply 2-3 drops all over my face. Since I started using My Daily Dose, I've noticed a really big difference as far as dryness and redness is concerned and my skin is definitely more even looking and feels so much softer to the touch.

Skin Inc serum

Skin Inc Willow Bark Serum


VivaLuxury beauty, Annabelle Fleur beauty

PHASE THREE: Moisture is the key to beautiful skin! Though I am pretty good about drinking plenty of water and eating well, ever since I moved to California I find that my skin needs a bit of help staying moisturized. I've tried a few different products, but Skin Inc. Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask is the one that works best for me. Aside from the fact that it keeps my skin hydrated, I also find that it helps to clarify and brighten it as well. A huge plus in my opinion, because more than a few hydrating products simply made me break out:( To use, I apply a thin layer of the product all over my face, right after applying My Daily Dose serums including under eye area to help seal in all the goodness and hydrate, and leave it on overnight.

Skin Inc. Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask

Skin Inc. Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask, VivaLuxury mask, Annabelle Fleur mask

Next, I like to use a trick my mom swears by, which is taking a hot bath to make my hair and face mask absorb even better. Reason why this trick works so well, is because the steam from the bath helps to open your hair follicles and pores for better moisture absorption. Because multitasking is basically my middle name, I also add two cups of epsom salts to the water to help soften my hands, feet and everything in between:) I usually soak for about 30 minutes, but if you are pressed for time, even 15 minutes makes a world of difference.


Lastly, depending on how dry my hair is I either wash off the hair mask with a gentle shampoo and let my hair air dry or live it on overnight. I also slather olive oil all over my body paying special attention to hands and feet, since they tend to need a bit of extra moisture. 

Hope you guys enjoy these tips and as always, if you have any questions, please email me any time I'll be happy to answer!

Skin Inc. My Daily Dose

Skin Inc. products available HERE or at Sephora stores. Take a simple 3-minute online test to identity the unique needs of your skin by CLICKING HERE

45 comments:

Sasa Zoe said...

Your skin looks great! <3

Shall We Sasa

Karen Bradly said...

OMG! So gorgeous

Makeup, Skin Care, and Hair Care Review Blog

Dressed With Soul said...

Obviously you have really chosen the right skin care as your skin looks perfect!
xx Rena
International Giveaway: Bags are More Than Fun for Me
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Liz Lauren said...

you have perfect skin


http://hashtagliz.com

mybeautrip said...

This brand must be amazing because your skin looks great!
xx

www.mybeautrip.com

Caramella said...

A fabulous brand!

Viktoria said...

beauty!

thedaydreamings.blogspot.com

Joy Shiness said...

Nice skin !

http://www.fruityandpassion.com/2015/06/summer-inspiration-1.html#more

Beauty Follower said...

Loved the shooting!

http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

PanamaAsti said...

Good post! You very cool!
I followed to your blog, follow to me too PANAMA ASTI

Come visit PANAMA ASTI
post comments or reviews... Me will be very nice :)

Andres Poiche said...

Amazing

http://thepocketstyle.blogspot.com/

shannette messam said...

You have beautiful skin. Your skin care routine is clearly working.
www.fashionobsessher.blogspot.com

shannette messam said...

You have beautiful skin. Your skin care routine is clearly working.
www.fashionobsessher.blogspot.com

Danika Maia said...

You have the most perfect face and skin ever!

Danika Maia
www.danikamaia.com
BLOGLOVIN

Наталья Левшина said...

I love Skin inc products! Use it for a while and have good results!
www.allbuenothings.com

Nicoletta De Luca said...

What interesting products!

lb-lc fashion blog
Bloglovin'|Instagram

LL said...

Where can I get that sunshine shirt?

Adriana said...

Interesting products and your skin looks amazing!
xx
theblackblush.blogspot.pt

Kiara King said...

What an absolutely brilliant article! I have to say, I take my beauty regime so seriously now, so I really love reading about what other people do. Your skin is so absolutely flawless too!

I just loved these photos too!

www.lioninthewild.com

Kelly said...

Your wallpaper is so pretty and I loved learning about your routine!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Maria Egorova said...

Welcome to my channel! Always happy to make new friends! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr8cgOlzgruDWB3XZ0a_sHA

Avellia Anwar said...

pretty shots..

visit mine,
Miss Aa

Denina Martin said...

Beautiful and useful post. I saw Skin Inc on Gal Meets Glam few weeks ago, and I loved the idea behind it. So unfortunate they don't ship to Bulgaria :(

Denina
Purely Me by Denina Martin

Sweetgirlythings Blog said...

Your skin looks amazing!
I love the sweater, so cute :)

http://sosweetgirlythings.blogspot.pt/

Liza Bykova said...

awesome post, I really love it ^_^
Welcome to my BLOG

Elizabeth Hawn said...

I need to start doing this routine now because your skin looks so good!

http://www.atlantastateofmind.blogspot.com

Camille said...

Great post
Xoxo
http://fashionbackyard.blogspot.fr

Olga Dubinko said...

Very useful and interesting post! Skincare is indeed very important!

http://againstandforward.blogspot.com

K MEETS STYLE said...

I am in love with this post!!

#FLASHTATTOO GIVEAWAY!!ENTER HERE
www.kmeetsstyle.com

Sara H-B said...

hahaha this is a beautiful post, it makes me want to go do a face mask and lie in bed with a magazine. The products look lovely and really good, I'm always on the lookout for something new to try.

http://www.youmademelikeyou.com

NahCoupons said...

Your skin looks very great!

Anisa Diko said...

You look very nice..

The Style Circus said...

Great post and you've got amazing skin!

Laiyin || THESTYLECIRCUS.net

Andrea jueong said...

Your skin always looks fabulous! Beautiful pictures.
http://fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

jual extoys said...

wow.. u look beautiful, very nice share :)





jual extoys

TS Garments said...

WOW it is amazing blog for ladies about fashion and very useful for every woman who want to looking so nice...

Clothing For Women

Monika Basiaga said...

Nice post :)
I like your sweatshirt and jewellery.

P Fsdfsd said...

very nice woman!


__________

sarvojimo sales laidojimo paslaugos ritualines paslaugos kremavimo paslaugos

Vinay Kumar said...

I like your blog. Lovely Bed Sheets!
Everything about that room is perfect!

Alia Malik said...

Thanks for telling about latest but fancy Outfits. i have also seen the ever dresses on web because on this site have own unique dresses for young girls & women. http://allfashionhug.com/

Von Salvado said...

I purchased a hat at https://www.justfor5pounds.com It is so stylish!

this hghgurus review said...

Make sure that you keep your skin hydrated by keeping your skin youthful and glowing.

P Fsdfsd said...

kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt | kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt | kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt | kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt | kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt | kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt | kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt | kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt | kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt | kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt | kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt | kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt | kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt | kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt | kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt | kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt | kremavimo paslaugos kaune | www.praradimas.lt |

natasha jefferson said...

Check out virventures.com an online electronics store that delivers a huge selection of high-end merchandises from diverse categories. Visit us and discover the wide range of products delivered at lowest rates. skin care beauty products

Jessica Wrynn said...

Do you use this just once a week on Sunday's? Or more often?