MEET ME IN MALIBU


After living in California for 10 years, I'm ashamed to say that I've become quite a wimp when it comes to tolerating cold temperatures. So normally, whenever we come back to LA after traveling somewhere cold, the first order of business is to spend a day in Malibu, soaking up the sunshine and enjoying beautiful Cali weather.



This time was no exception of course! Since Paris was quite cold, windy and even snowy at times, we decided to take a day off and hit a few of our favorite spots in Malibu. We stopped by our favorite flower shop, which has the best selection of daisies ( one of my personal favorites, especially in pink ), did a little shopping at Malibu Country mart and grabbed some dinner at Le Pain Quotidien, because both Emil and I are completely obsessed with their tartines, turkey/avocado being my particular favorite! 




Since I knew we were going to be walking quite a bit, I wanted to wear something cute yet comfortable. I got the Express lace-up dress I'm sporting in today's post, just before I left for Paris and haven't had the chance to wear it before I left. Since this adorable, comfy boho-number seemed absolutely perfect for a day packed with activities, I jumped at the chance to wear it. Though this beautiful shade of nutmeg brown works with a variety of colors ( gold and orange in particular, I think ) this time around I wanted to do something a bit different and paired it with wrapped metal rose gold cuffs and rose gold square cat eye sunnies, both from Express. I completed the look with some pink lace up flats and a neutral-hued bucket bag. What I particularly like about wearing these colors together is how beautifully they complement each other and also what a soft combination they really make!







EXPRESS brown faux suede lace-up dress, rose gold square cat eye sunglasses & wrapped metal cuff bracelet | CHLOE bag | ADORNMONDE earrings 

Labels: , , , , , , ,