WEDDING SEASON READY

June 8, 2016

It's official, the wedding season is finally upon us! So, since I've never really talked about how Emil and I get ready for a special occasions, such as a wedding for example, I thought it would be fun to  share some of our time-tested recipes to make this day as enjoyable as possible!


After being together for a little over 10 years and attending countless weddings together, one of the most important things we've learned is the importance of fighting the urge to get stressed out and making sure to keep things as fun and relaxed as possible! Take last weekend for example, we were invited to a family friend's garden-themed wedding reception in West Hollywood on Saturday evening, so Emil and I decided that this was a perfect opportunity to have a staycation! So on Friday, we packed our weekenders and headed to WeHo! To set the right mood for the day, we spent Saturday morning indulging in some of favorites, i.e. brunching in bed, doing a bit of reading, but mostly, binge-watching old episodes of Family Guy! Basically, a perfect Saturday morning in every sense!


Since I always choose my outfits well in advance ( definitely a lot less stressful this way, plus you have ample time to think about hair and make up ), getting dressed takes me no time at all. The way I like to choose my outfits is by by thinking about the setting. Is the event taking place at a very formal banquet hall, or is it more of a casual outdoor party? On this particular occasion, it was a garden-themed wedding with a decidedly casual vibe, so I decided to forgo a formal dress and opted to wear a romantic ruffled two-piece in a prettiest shade of pink in stead. To continue with the romantic theme, I paired my ruffled two-piece with a cute cross-body mini bag in a matching shade of pink and sky-high metallic platform sandals, to add just a bit of dressiness to the look. Finishing touch, cute pearl ear cuffs, and a few layered rings in gold.


As far as evening make up goes, I definitely prefer that smoky-eye, nude lip look. On this occasion, because my outfit had such a soft and romantic feel, I didn't want to create a very heavy smoky-eye, so I went with very soft grayish, lavender eye shadow, cat eye liner and matte pinky-nude lipstick.


If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I prefer to wear my hair down, except maybe for a few very rare formal occasions, when up-do is an absolute must! Since romance was definitely the theme of the day, I decided that voluminous, softly sculpted waves were the perfect hair style to complete my outfit! Super simple to re-create, I started by spraying sections of my hair ( I worked with 2nd day hair, since my fine hair tends to hold styles better the next day ) with Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray. I always use this spay on my hair before curling or straightening because not only does it protect my hair from heat-damage but also keeps it very shiny, soft and manageable. Next, I curled 1 inch hair sections using a curling wand. Wands tend to work a bit faster than curling irons, so 2-5 seconds is definitely ample to time get that perfect curl. Once all of my hair was curled, I spayed sections of my hair with Tresemme TRES Two Extra Hold Hair Spray, making sure to hold the spray about 10 inches away from my hair! This one, is definitely my favorite extra-hold hair spray at the moment because while it helps to keep my hair styles in tact, it leaves my hair shiny, not matte and doesn't flake at all!




Super easy and simple, this look took me a little over an hour and a half start to finish, hair, make up and getting dressed included. I even had time to do my best Queen B impression while wearing Emil's suit ( my voice definitely needs some serious work, but getting it wrong is part of the fun ). As usual, I was dressed first, sitting on the couch, sipping my Rosé and watching Emil run around in his pjs, looking for his shoes, all while trying to tame his hair. Though his hair is super short, it's quite thick and course, so he used to spend ages getting it picture-ready. But he's made a switch to AXE Clean Cut Look Classic Pomade recently, which made things a lot easier!



P.S. We made it to the reception and this time around we were there on time! Well, .... practically on time!It's a work in progress! :)




WHO WHAT WEAR x TARGET Ruffle top & Layered ruffled skirt | GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI Lavinia platform sandals | MIU MIU Madras mini leather cross body bag | VivaLuxury x Gold Philosophy Delphine Ear Cuff, Trilliant Earrings & Clara Ear Crawlers

56 comments:

Francesca Cristini said...

love those silver sandals!

xo

www.cherry-mag.com

Dressed With Soul said...

Love the perfect looks you show here!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena www.dressedwithsoul.com


FASHION MANDATE said...

So beautiful...love the dress


https://fashionmandate.net/2016/06/07/summer-stripes

Sasa Zoe said...

So beautiful! Love this look from head to toe:P

Shall We Sasa

PutAllOnMe said...

These photos are amazing especially that one on the bed with suit! So tomboy and perfect :)
xx
http://putitallonme.com/

Sophie Spiegelberger said...

Stunning metallic sandals!
www.ofsilkandsatin.com
I would love it if you stopped by! :)

Rosa Fairfield said...

I completely adore your outfit. I prefer to wear my hair down too and your hair looks amazing in these images.

http://ohduckydarling.com

ᗰᗩᖇIᗩ EGOᖇOᐯᗩ said...

Beautiful post my dear! Amazing blog! I will be very glad if you will come to me! Please write comments to posts that you like! http://blondelafemme.blogspot.ru/2016/06/boho-chic.html Follow you dear!!!

Besmira Kasemi said...

You always amaze me!!! Great looks each time! Mind telling what color do you dye your hair? It's my first time and I really want to stick to my base. Thnx alot

Besmira Kasemi said...

You always amaze me!!! Great looks each time! Mind telling what color do you dye your hair? It's my first time and I really want to stick to my base. Thnx alot

Elena Holl said...

Oh my god those are the most perfect shoes I've ever seen in my life!!! HUUUGE love! The first outfit is just amazing!
XO
Elena
______________________________
http://saintjeans.de/

Emma Honohan said...

That is such a beautiful pink dress, I love the tiered ruffle look
http://emmastyleguide.blogspot.com/2015/05/stripes-all-around.html

Nicole said...

I love those shoes!!! Stunning as always, Xx

Nikki | www.nikkibstyles.com

Maciej & Monika said...

These heels are amazing!
Love,
www.thestyleventure.com

Natali said...

Always looking top notch! You're so beautiful!

http://www.lartoffashion.com/2016/06/06/sometimes/

Marta said...

Beautiful photos and the sandals are amazing!

http://MARTASFASHIONDIARY.com/the-azure-window/

Camille said...

Those shoes are gorgeous
Xoxo
http://fashionbackyard.blogspot.fr

Blogosfera Mody Blog o modzie said...

Hi. sensational styling in high-heeled shoes. Tomorrow share your outfit on my blog. Regards
http://moda-na-obcasach.blogspot.com/

Linda Tran said...

Beautiful

Linda || Typically Linda || Instagram

Maria Abad said...

Loved this post. I just went to a wedding on Saturday night as well but in DC and stayed with friends while in town and made the best out of a mini vacation from NYC. Love a good pink pastel for summer weddings, well done.
XO,
Maria
MariaOnPoint http://mariaonpoint.com/ | Find me on IG https://www.instagram.com/mariajabad/

Milica Nikolić said...

Amazing post!
My opinion

Valery's Daily Inspiration said...

Adorable!

http://valerysdailyinspiration.blogspot.com

La Bijoux Bella | by mia said...

Softly beautiful ... Such a romantic feel in the air for a day's out & about! :)

La Bijoux Bella | by mia

Amy said...

Beautiful look for any wedding! Blush is an amazing color on you, and you are totally inspiring to cut my hair short again :)

xx, Amy
www.theluxilook.com

Alexandra A. said...

This looks so beautiful,I like the clarity of photos and the little pink bag.

Hugs from Alexandra ~ Impavid Blog

Chileshe Silavwe said...

Enjoyed reading this post! Beautiful x

Check out my post: http://sherazmataz.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/10-things-you-didn-know-about-me.html?m=1

Nicoletta De Luca said...

The dress is stunning!

Off the shoulder top outfit
lblc style blog
Bloglovin

Diane Hoang said...

These pinks are so pretty! I love the metallic heels <3

xx, Diane || http://www.dizined.com

Stephanie said...

The shoes are gorgeous

monic sutter said...

LOVE THOSE HAIR PRODUCTS!

M
SIMPLY SUTTER

Delaney Rae said...

So so gorgeous! Xo

www.laneyslooks.com

Maru Conti said...

Great shoes!


http://brightdecember.blogspot.com/

A TRENDY LIFE said...

Great post! Awesome shoes! xx
http://www.atrendylifestyle.com/2016/06/look-dos-piezas-y-labios-rojos.html

Trendencies Blog said...

Those gold sandals are stunning!!
xx
Claudia
www.trendenciesblog.com

Michèle Kruesi said...

you look just incredibly beautiful
www.thefashionfraction.com

carrieslifestyle.com said...

Those heels are to die for
http://carrieslifestyle.com

fabi Aguilar said...

Amazing pictures!

www.lacaleya.com

Enikő Schmidt said...

Such a pretty look! The light pink ruffle dress is so pretty, but the metallic shoes are totally amazing!

http://kingstreetfashionista.blogspot.com/2016/06/pure-happiness.html

Viktoria said...

So gorgous!!!

thedaydreamings.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

wow you look stunning! And those shoes are so dreamy <3



https://andreaandcoco.wordpress.com/

Fernanda Ah said...

Who makes those shoes?? 😍🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻😍😍🙌🏼🙌🏼

Patricia Petit said...

this actually is the most perfect get ready with me for a wedding! love the pictures and the look. and the pastel and the suit of course! :D so lovely and dreamy!

Bisous from Berlin, Patricia

THEVOGUEVOYAGE by Patricia Sophie

Claudine Hoven said...

Annabelle your look is really stunning: so pretty, it´s almost unbelievable!
Love your shirt and the skirt with the bag, so romatic!

xx
Claudine
www.claudinesroom.com

Daniela said...

Such a great post! Absolutely beautiful photos! For me, setting is the biggest inspiration for dress choice too. I take it as a chance to be a bit creative.

Daniela

http://www.smellofjasmine.com/

Cassandra @ AyeMiLady.com said...

Love the glam look!

Huong said...

What a super fun and feminine look, Annabelle! I think this is one of those outfits that doesn't look appealing on the hanger, but when you put it on, bam! It's gorgeous!

Adrika said...

great look !

NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

Marina Loyko said...

LINKS are not correct, mistakes(

Menellia Valcent said...

amazing post.. love the shades of pink.. and your dress is gorgeous!! flirty and fun..

xx menellia//www.nothingbutvelvet.com

Vera Sawicki said...

Beautiful photos. Love the shoes.

Blonde in Cashmere

Monika Basiaga said...

So pretty dress, bag, make-up and photos! Love this one in suit! So crazy! ;) :D

michelle said...

toms shoes with new style is very comfortable,you are worth for it.only $16.9,Get it immediately,http://www.tomshoesus.com
Womens Blue Toms Vegan Shoes
Black Red Womens Toms Canvas
Navy Red Womens Toms Canvas

Laine Bute said...

I need that pink dress! It's gorgeous with that little bag.

xo, Laine
www.lunalavande.com

michelle said...

christian louboutin flats for women sale online and free shipping http://www.clouboutinsneakers.com
Christian Louboutin Black Patent Leather Gold Spike Tip Flat
Christian Louboutin Black Silver Spike Leather Pointed Flat
Christian Louboutin Black Spike Leather Pointed Flat

bridal hair and makeup classes toronto said...

Thank you for your great post. This blog is great.

fashion shoes said...

Christian Louboutin pumps are designed with unique and fashional design, which has gained so many people being the fans of Christian Louboutin, they brought many people more confidence and wonderful in their life time.
Christian Louboutin 12CM Red Suede Gold Spike Pointed Pumps
Christian Louboutin 12CM Sky Blue Spike Leather Pointed Pumps
Christian Louboutin 12CM Black Patent Leather Pointed Pumps
http://www.clouboutinpumpsmall.com