HOW TO ORGANIZE YOUR JEWELRY LIKE A PRO


It's been quite a while since I've done a post dedicated to how I like to store my jewelry. Well, almost 3 years to be exact ( see the previous one I've done here ). And so, as I was playing with my jewelry box the other day, I though it'd be fun to share a few tips and tricks I use to keep my collection of sparkly things organized. 



TIP 1: A PRETTY JEWELRY CHEST IS A MUST
Not only will it add a beautiful design element to your vanity, jewelry boxes and chests are a great way to keep your items organized. Personally, I like to separate my jewelry by category ( earrings, rings, bracelets and necklaces ) and also by metal color. This way, if I am looking for a particular pair of gold stud earrings, I know exactly where to find them. The beautiful Samantha Wills jewelry chest I got recently, features these convenient little compartments which are perfect for storing smaller pieces like earrings and rings, and also larger compartments, where I normally keep my bracelets and statement necklaces!  







TIP 2: STORE THE PIECES YOU WEAR THE MOST SOMEWHERE YOU CAN ACCESS THEM EASILY
I will fully admit that not all the jewelry pieces I have in my collection get the same attention. I definitely have my favorites, which I tend to wear the most. Rather than storing them in my jewelry chest, I picked up a few cute little glass jewelry storage cloches from Pottery Barn which are perfect for  storing a few bracelets and rings. 



TOP 3: STORE YOUR NECKLACES ON A JEWELRY TREE
The one thing I hate the most is tangled necklaces. In the past, it seemed like regardless of how careful I was placing them in my jewelry box, next morning I would be dealing with a tangled mess. And the more necklaces I got, the bigger the mess became. Well, that is until I picked up a jewelry tree ( similar version in gold here, and wall mounted option here ) and that problem became a thing of the past. Oh, and the added bonus is the fact that the tree adds a really charming design element! 


Hope you enjoyed these tips! Happy weekend, Everyone! 

SAMANTHA WILLS Jewelry chest, Agate bookends, Gold Dust Nights petite ring set, Wild Magnolia crystal & quartz ring, Gold Dust Nights cuff & Band of Outsiders cuff 

Labels: , , , ,