MY STYLE MOTTO

August 8, 2016


When it comes to style, I have but a single motto I adhere to religiously - wear only what feels good on, and what makes you feel good! What I mean by feels good on is that comfort is always at the top of my priorities. I can't imagine feeling good wearing something that isn't comfortable. 

I have to admit that in the past, I've made a mistake of buying pieces that had great hanger appeal but weren't necessarily comfortable, and all of them suffered the same fate. After a few futile attempts to convince myself I could get over itchy fabric or restricting silhouettes, I would eventually give up and move those pieces to the back of my closet, where they would remain never to be worn again. So eventually, I learned my lesson! If it doesn't feel good on, I don't buy it!




The making me feeling good part has more to do with my sartorial preferences. I am sure you can agree that we all have certain pieces we naturally gravitate towards because we simply can not help but love the way we look when we wear them. Well, I try to create a wardrobe filled with just those types of pieces because through trial and error I've learned that unless what you wear makes you feel good about yourself, you will not wear it!






Take EXPRESS flare jeans I am wearing in today's post for example, I've had them for a few weeks now and I simply cannot stop wearing them because of how comfortable they are. And the same goes for the patched girlfriend jeans! Super soft and light weight, they literally feel like you're wearing nothing at all! Yet as much as I appreciate how good they feel on, I absolutely love the way they fit!




I am a big believer in jeans that have a bit of stretch in them because I feel that they simply hug the body better and also retain their shape though the day, which is what I love about these 2 pairs because I've worn them on 8-hour road trips and they looked as good as they did in the morning when I first put them on! Naturally, I love that! 

What about you guys, what's your style motto?


Thank you Express for partnering with me on this post! 

EXPRESS Distressed patched girlfriend jeans, Mid rise released hem bell flare jean, Fitted patch denim shirt, Ribbed zip front bodysuit from EXPRESS ONE ELEVEN collection & Oversized round frame sunglasses { similar here } | CHLOE small Inez bag | AQUAZZURA Wild Thing fringe sandals | CHANEL Boy bag | LARSSON & JENNINGS Lugano leather strap watch | COORDINATES COLLECTION Legend engraved cuff


45 comments:

Sasa Zoe said...

Amazing:P

Shall We Sasa

Ashley Christabelle said...

That's so true! In the past I used to buy clothes that were on trend but didn't exactly with my body type, and looking back now, I regret buying them all! So right now, I'm just sticking to stuff that I feel comfortable in. xx

www.ashrealasitgets.blogspot.com

The Gold Lipstick said...

I totally agree! Comfort is a must in fashion.

Mireia from TGL
https://thegoldlipstick.com/

La Bijoux Bella | by mia said...

A very nice moderne hippie look. Edgy and chic in every angles! :)

La Bijoux Bella | by mia

Camille said...

Beautiful look
Xoxo
http://fashionbackyard.blogspot.fr

Liv said...

Thanks for all the style inspiration

Liv

www.livforstyle.net

Natali said...

Oh yes, I totally agree with you! Only wear what feels good and never compromise on that because it will never "end well"! You look amazing in everything you wear and I think that big part of why it's like that is because you feel great in what you're wearing.
I'm totally loving your flared jeans, they fit you like a glove. :)

http://lartoffashion.com

Malu Swartjes said...

Gorgeous!

xx

Fashion, Beauty and DIY blog by Malu Swartjes! ♥




Anonymous said...

the denim shirt is so cool! And I love the cute little bucket bag!
Fash 'n' fudge
Fash 'n' fudge

THE NEON FACTOR | Diana said...

You look lovely!
||D I A N A||
www.TheNeonFactor.com

Dominique Candido said...

You look so cool!
xxx
www.dominiquecandido.com

shopperdivaS said...

Love your outfits! So cute!

Maria Abad said...

This retro look reminds me of my mom in the 80s!
XO,
Maria
MariaOnPoint http://mariaonpoint.com/ | Find me on IG https://www.instagram.com/mariajabad/

Marianne Österlund said...

I absolutely go by the same motto :)
You look gorgeous as always!
xx
http://mariannelle.com

Marta said...

These outfits are so cool! Love the first jeans!

http://MartasFashionDiary.com/summer-days/

Shannon Boyce said...

Loving the retro styles! Those flares are fabulous.
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Ivana S. said...

Denim is always perfect :)


http://www.ivanasdiary.com/

Amy Zhang said...

Love your style motto!! It's so important to have one. Sometimes it can be hard to determine how much you're going to love and wear a piece after you buy it, but that initial gut sense is always one to trust! Beautiful outfit as always.


xx, Amy
http://www.theluxilook.com

A.B said...

I agree with your motto! I am the same way too. :)

Beauty Follower said...

Love your style!

https://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

Trendencies Blog said...

Love the look with the denim flares! So cool!
xx
Claudia
www.trendenciesblog.com

Perrier Émilie said...

a m a z i n g p o s t ! love the jeans look

www.mademoiselleperrier.com

JessBethan said...

I go by the same motto! Love this outfit xx

http://www.jessbethan.blogspot.com

Rebeca Muñoz López said...

I like this 70´s style!


www.urbanikamoda.blogspot.com

monic sutter said...

love how you styled these jeans!

M
SIMPLY SUTTER

naveen said...

nice post and you looking so beautiful thanks for sharing this post nnnow Coupons

Pear Phongsawad said...

Gorgeous photos! Couldn't agree with you more about comfort being the most important factor in style. I always choose soft fabrics and feeling cozy over a restrictive outfit any day!

Thanks for sharing such lovely outfit photos!

XO
StyleByPear

Mutterfly said...

Nice Post...Earn from Borrow items by renting your unused stuff’s by just sharing it on Mutterfly...

PutAllOnMe said...

I totally agree with you - it's all about feeling good in clothes and being comfortable, then I guess everything looks amazing :)
xx
http://putitallonme.com/

sienna ana belić said...

Lovely photos!

xoxo Sienna
www.fashionintheair.com

Monika Wlodarczyk said...

That denim is so beautiful!
Love,
http://www.thestyleventure.com/2016/08/09/new-home-edition/

Sharon Wu of Style Lullaby said...

I live by your style motto too! You make such a great point. I am swooning over those flared jeans of yours -- saw a similar pair by Free People at Nordstrom the other day and was so tempted to buy it. I might just go back and get it after seeing you rock yours. Thanks for inspiring me everyday! xo, sharon

http://www.stylelullaby.com/fashion/magic-hour/

Maru Conti said...

Lovely pictures!


http://brightdecember.blogspot.com/

Gitta Witzel said...

Both pants look amazing even though I prefer the patched model. But totally agree with you saying that you like jeans with a bit of stretch. Always tend to buy those myself.

x Gitta // www.gittawitzel.com

 Cosmetic Cases said...

superb looking..!

Ev said...

Amazing photos!
www.evdaily.blogspot.com

Shloka said...

I love your jeans here - the flared ones and the patchwork ones - especially the patchwork ones though!

Your style motto is so on point - because when you feel comfortable in your clothes you look beautiful because you feel beautiful on the inside and outside! Confidence is key - that's my style motto, feel confident in whatever you wear, and wear it if it makes you feel confident!

x
Shloka
thesilksneaker.com

Miley said...

This style is a jam, love it.

Miss Pippi said...

I love those flared jeans.

http://misspippisstyle.blogspot.hu/

Yvonne said...

Love your outfits especially with the flared jeans. looks super comfy and stylish!
xo Yvonne
www.aproposh.com

Monika Basiaga said...

Nice top, bag and sunnies. :)

Vivian said...

You're absolutely right...made those mistakes several time too. Learning my lesson tho. great post!

alina aly said...

I love your pictures. Very good photographer! xoxo

http://www.alinavlad.com

Sappa Lama Gomso said...

Nepal Base Camp Treks (P) Ltd (team guide) are not only provide you a perfect holiday tour services, also here to organize your trouble less trekking holidays in scenic green hills to icy peaks where reachable on foot.
There are hundreds of best and fantastic trekking tour operators in Nepal, offer you to choose many popular trekking destinations in high Himalayas as, Everest Base Camp Trek, Everest Chola Pass Gokyo Lake trek, Everest Gokyo Renjo la Pass Trek, Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Annapurna Circuit Thorong La Pass Trek , Upper Mustang Trek,Annapurna Nar –Phu Hidden Valley Trek, Manaslu Circuit trek Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek, Manaslu Circuit via Tsum Valley Trek, Langtang Valley Trek, Gosaikund Helambu Trek, Kathmandu Valley Circuit Trek and untouched tourist destinations of Ganesh Himal Camping Trek, Tawal Earthquake Area Camping Trek, Upper Dolpa Trek, Makalu Base Camp Trek and much more… as you desirable. Base Local Trekking Company in Nepal & get best deal power point trekking Agency in Nepal

widi Herbal said...

Pretty stunning to vibrate vibrating liatnya :)

http://www.obatmaagkronisampuh.web.id/obat-lupus-eritematosus-sistemik/