TECH NECK - THE IMPORTANCE OF USING A NECK CREAM

September 23, 2016

Special thank you to StriVectin for partnering with me on this post, all opinions expressed are my own. 
You know..., you spend way too much time on your phone, said my mom to me as we were sitting at Faith and Flower one Saturday morning waiting for our breakfast. After muttering a few clumsy excuses, like but it's work related and it's only gonna take me a minute, I started thinking about what she said and realized that mom was absolutely correct, as usual. I do spend a lot of time on my tech devices. After all, I do most of my work on my phone and laptop, I prefer to shop on line, and by definition, a perfect evening at home almost always involves watching a favorite show or two on Netflix.




As the guilty as charged look slowly emerged on my face, my mom simply replied, well..., you don't have to look so guilty! I do the same, you know! Every day, I spend at least 8 hours on my lap top. As a lead project manager for one of Canada's largest telecommunication companies, she really does spend her entire day on a computer. So, when she suggested I should take special care of the skin on my neck because spending this much time looking down may cause wrinkles on my neck, I definitely paid attention.





You may call it a coincidence, but when a few weeks later, one of my favorite skin care brands - StriVectin reached out offering to try their new TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream, which improves skin elasticity and provides a visible lift while smoothing the appearance of horizontal neck lines, I thought this was definitely a sign! What attracted me to this product in the first place was the fact that it was designed specifically to combat side effects of the repeated motion of looking down at tech devices which can lead to horizontal neck lines ( tree rings ), and sagging of the neck and décolletage area, otherwise known as Tech Neck.


Personally, I wasn't familiar with the term Tech Neck before, but once I started doing research, I found out that the average personal looks at her/his phone about 221 times a day and the skin on the neck is different from the skin on the face because it's much thinner, making it more prone to show aging, which is why you need a separate neck cream.


I started using TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream about three weeks ago and I have to say that I really like it! At first, I noticed that the skin on my neck felt softer and looked much more supple and after about 2 weeks, I could definitely tell that the skin on my neck felt tighter and firmer! Another reason why I really like TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream is because it has a very light texture and doesn't feel heavy at all! So, I can definitely layer it under my foundation no problem!



Though naturally, I am definitely more mindful now of how much time I spend looking down at my phone and laptop, I'm definitely glad I found a product to care of the skin on my neck so I can still indulge in my tech addiction from time to time!:)

ONE by STYLEKEEPERS Modern vintage top | FRAME Le Crop mini mid-rise bootcut jeans | NO. 21 Knotted leather pumps | CHANEL Vanity case in grained calfski | J.W. ANDERSON Gold plated cuff & Pierce ring

28 comments:

La Bijoux Bella | by mia said...

Simply beautiful! :)

La Bijoux Bella | by mia

Herika Aktuglu said...

Great post! Love your vintage top! :)

Monika Basiaga said...

Love your blouse, bag and jewellery!
By the way, waffles look so delicious! Yum! ;)

Jenny said...

Great post! It's super informative. :)

Sharon Wu of Style Lullaby said...

OMG I'm always looking down at my phone too. LOL! Guilty as charged for sure ;) I didn't really think too much about the importance of using a neck cream -- I always just used my regular moisturizer on my neck as well. So, thanks for the insight. Will definitely have to look into investing in a neck cream soon so I don't have to feel so guilty about looking down on my tech all the time ;) Have a great weekend, Annabelle! xo, sharon

http://www.stylelullaby.com/fashion/getting-ready-holidays-jenni-kayne/

Natali said...

Beautiful photos, you're looking so Parisienne chic! I'm loving your blouse!

http://lartoffashion.com

The Gold Lipstick said...

Lovely photos!

Mireia from TGL
https://thegoldlipstick.com/

kristen robin said...

No matter how young your face looks, you can always tell with saggy neck! i always just apply my night cream to my neck too :)




www.kristenskouture.com | Luxury. Fashion. Lifestyle.






stephanie said...

I think a lot of people forget the neck. I always make sure to put some cream there too when cleasning my face. Love the gingham top!!!

Live-Style20 said...

so nice look ; -))


xoxo


i invite to me too


www.live-style20.blogspot.com

Monika Wlodarczyk said...

Great points!
Love,
www.thestyleventure.com

Aria Di Bari said...

This top is so perfect!

http://ariadibari.com

Diane Umuhoza said...

Beautiful top !

http://www.fruityandpassion.com/2016/09/london-fashion-week-day-1-runways.html

Kelly said...

I love your top and I really should try neck cream!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Joua to the Rescue said...

I do spend a lot of time on my phone too but then again, its for work purposes. I spend a lot of time on the computer at work as well. Love your top dear.You do such a good job finding cute blouses to go with your jeans.
Joua to the Rescue

Michèle Kruesi said...

oh babe, I LOVE your top so much
www.thefashionfraction.com

Ev said...

So beautiful!

www.evdaily.blogspot.com

Trendencies Blog said...

I love the shirt and the shoes are so stunning!
xx
Claudia
www.trendenciesblog.com

Camille said...

Absolutely love this top
Xoxo
http://fashionbackyard.blogspot.fr

Daria DBK Stylez said...

Your article is great! I also really like your outfit! Your blouse is to die for!!!

XO

Daria

http://www.dbkstylez.com

►Nadush said...

wonderful photos :)
NEW POST : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

Yvonne said...

Lovely outfit - especially the blouse!
xo Yvonne
www.aproposh.com

Maru Conti said...

Lovely photos!


http://brightdecember.blogspot.com/

Life's a shoe said...

You look great!! I really love your top!

lifeisashoe

Fowzia Madar said...

I love the photos I've heard such good things about striVectin,

Fowzia|Crazy4ties


xoxo

Alina Gomes said...

I have falled in lovable boutique after reading its daily blogsite and website about the imperial vista of Best Boutiques Online and truly its design, quality and collection make me in trance. Women's Boutique Hilton Head and Women's Fashionable Clothing Online is its services. above board its just sensational. Tf you are are the attire's lover of course you will have to visit its web portal.

prairie underground hood drab said...

Love this outfit! Looks amazing!

Pendant Nation said...


Love this outfit! Looks amazing!
Collegiate Ring