BEAUTY ON THE GO :: HOLIDAY EDITION


Though I must admit, I find it hard to believe for it still feels like Summer in LA, the Holiday season is finally upon us! Almost two whole months of parties, gift-giving and gift-shopping, beautiful decorations, festive music and all the wonderful craziness that comes with the Holidays! Personally, I couldn't be more excited because I've always loved this time of the year, and no matter how old I get, I wait for it with equal measure of happiness and anticipation.



Yet, as much as I long for Holiday season, our already pretty hectic schedule seems to get even more action-packed and crazy, which often means that I leave home early in the morning and spend the entire day running around from meetings, to shoots, to parties, and dinner dates. At first, I found this schedule a bit difficult to adjust to, but eventually, I've gotten used to changing in my car several times a day ( yes, I've done that ) because I don't always have time to go back home and showing up to a business meeting in an evening gown because I have a cocktail party to go to later, is definitely not an option:)! But most importantly, I've made a few changes to my make up routine which allow me to quickly touch-up or build on my make up look on the go! The name of my Holiday little helper is Chubby Sampler Set by Clinique. The set contains 4 Chubby Stick products for eyes, lips and cheeks that are so easy to use, I can literally apply them anywhere, like the backseat of my car using my phone as a mirror, for example!

Which brings me to the point of this story, the other day as I was doing a few touch-ups in the backseat of my car before a meeting, I thought that it would be fun to shoot a story of what my day is really like during Holiday season and show you guys why I do not leave my house without Clinique's Chubby Sampler Set during this time of the year!


MORNING:
Mornings are my sanctuary! I like to get up really early just so that I could have some time to myself to enjoy a cup of coffee while watching something on Netflix! I am usually in a rush to get somewhere during the day, so I really value a bit of peace and quiet in the morning before I face the day. Next, I go hiking or biking, or on rare occasions, if the weather is misbehaving I stay in and do some yoga at home. After I come back from my hiking or biking session, I shower, change and if I have time before our morning staff meeting where we discuss what's to be done today, I go on my coffee run to a cute coffee shop near by. Usually, my morning make up is quite minimal and consists of a bit of tinted moisturizer, mascara and lip gloss or lipstick.



AFTERNOON:
Early afternoons are usually reserved for meetings. On this particular day, our morning staff meeting ran late, so I didn't have a chance to do my make up before I left. Luckily, I arrived to my meeting a bit early, and had time to apply my cat-liner ( which I feel completely naked without ) and add another coat of Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara in Jumbo Jet. That's actually one of my favorite mascara application tricks. If you want to achieve a very dramatic lash look and layer your mascara, you need to wait before applying every additional coat. Usually I give it about 30 seconds between every coat, this way, you get the most beautiful plump lashes without the clump!



Next, my photographer and I headed to downtown LA for a photoshoot. Though my day-time look usually tends to be pretty simple ( mascara, liner, tinted moisturizer, bronzer and lipstick ), on this particular occasion, I wanted to play up my eyes, so I added some eye-shadow using Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in Lots O'Latte. This particularly beautiful bronzy-nude, creamy shade is super lightweight and sheer, yet I love that I have an option of layering it if I want to achieve a more dramatic smoky-eye look.



EVENING:
After our shoot, Emil and I headed to a Holiday event. Since it was black-tie, I changed into a cocktail dress, and swapped my cross-body for a clutch, which brings me to another reason why I like Clinique's Chubby Sampler Set so much. During Holiday season, clutch bags are what I carry the most. Yet as much as I love clutch bags, they don't always leave you with ample space to bring all your  necessities with you, and since all of the Sampler Set products are conveniently sized to fit into my clutch bags I am a happy girl indeed! With my make up still fresh and intact from our shoot earlier, I simply added a bit of peachy glow to my cheeks using Chubby Stick Cheek Color Balm in Amp'd Up Apple. What I love about this particular one is the fact that it looks really natural on, yet creates a very healthy-looking glow which makes your face come to life!





Our final stop of the day, was a Holiday party which took place outdoors, so I swapped my cocktail dress for a silk slip and and an off the shoulder sweater. Though for day, I usually go for a fairly simple make-up, at night I opt for a much more pulled together and glamorous look. Typically, I choose one feature to play up, either my eyes or my lips. Generally speaking, I decide which one to accentuate based on my lip color, if I go for a brighter or darker lip color, I like to keep my eye make up simple, but if I'm wearing a softer, nude lip shade, I go a bit bolder with my eyeshadow. For today's look, I decided to play up my lip color, so I added 2 coats of Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color in Chunky Cherry. What I love about this particular lip color is the fact that it is extremely moisturizing and since my lips tend to get dry easily, I love how soft and smooth they feel after the application. I also really love that this pretty pink shade has a beautiful subtle sheen, which works so well for evening occasions!


Overall, I would say that one of the biggest reasons I love the Chubby Sampler Set is because it is so easy to use on the go. Aside from the fact that all 4 products can be layered which means I can easily update my look from day to night by controlling intensity, what I especially like is the fact that I don't have to worry about brushes and compacts. All four, come in a convenient little stick, which I can easily use anywhere and anytime to get the look I need quickly! And I don't know about you guys, but with the Holiday craziness upon us, quickly and anytime is exactly what I am looking for when it comes to make-up!

P.S. CLICK HERE to check out more Holiday sets from Clinique! 

Labels: ,