LITTLE RED DRESS

I think I've always loved the color red... I don't know what it is really, but something about wearing this particularly vibrant hue makes me feel like me the most! I also noticed that whenever I shop for something, my eye naturally gravitates toward this color, which is probably why my collection of red pieces is always expanding:) Today's little red dress is my latest find and newest obsession. Flirty and fun, it has this incredibly easy, summery vibe, yet it's oh so très chic at the same time! Love that!





I wore this outfit to a dinner with Emil the other night. We went to one of our favorite restaurants on Abbot Kinney and knowing that Gjelina has a very relaxed atmosphere, I wanted to wear something cute yet not too dressy, so this look felt quite right. Though I certainly love the way this dress pairs with heels, I wanted to continue with the casual theme of this look, so I went with a pair of cute Soludos espadrilles. Speaking of footwear, if you've been reading this blog for a while, I'm sure you know what a huge high-heel fanatic I am, or rather used to be, because I realized that I spent the majority of this summer in flats. It wasn't really a conscious decision, and I think the change happened very gradually, but I slowly began forgoing heels in favor of cute flats and especially espadrilles ( another favorite pair here & here ). Of course only time will show whether my new found love of flats is here to stay, but my poor feet have been enjoying a well deserved break from sky-high heels I normally torture them with, so I feel that our chances are pretty good!



TULAROSA Clayton tunic dress via REVOLVE | SOLUDOS Platform gladiator lace-up espadrilles | CHLOE small Inez bag { in white on Sale here } & Jayme cat-eye gold tone sunglasses | LARSSON & JENNINGS Lugano leather strap watch 



Labels: , , , , , , ,